- 200 gm coarse breadcrumbs from day-old sourdough bread (⅔ loaf)
- 60 gm finely grated parmesan
- 3 tsp chopped thyme, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 4 eggs
- For dusting: seasoned plain flour
- 12 lamb cutlets (70gm each)
- 650 gm broccoli florets (about 2 small heads of broccoli)
- 200 ml olive oil
- 80 gm butter
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and thyme in a bowl, season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and set aside. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and set aside. Dip lamb in seasoned flour, shaking off excess, then coat in breadcrumbs and set aside.
- 2Blanch broccoli until tender (2-4 minutes), refresh, drain, set aside.
- 3Heat 80ml oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add half the lamb and 30gm butter, turn occasionally until golden and cooked to your liking (10-12 minutes for medium) and keep warm. Wipe pan clean and repeat with 80ml oil, 30gm butter and remaining lamb.
- 4Meanwhile, heat remaining oil and butter in a wide saucepan over high heat, add anchovies and garlic, stir occasionally until anchovies start to break down (20-30 seconds), add broccoli, stir occasionally until warm and well coated (3-5 minutes) and season to taste.
- 5Serve lamb cutlets topped with thyme sprigs, with broccoli and lemon wedges to the side.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am