We can't get enough of broad beans and asparagus in spring. Simply toss with pasta and you have dinner sorted.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 50 gm pancetta, diced
- 2 bunches asparagus, sliced
- 200 gm podded broad beans (800gm unpodded)
- Splash of dry white wine
- 400 gm dried casarecce
- 1 tbsp torn tarragon (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp crème fraîche (optional), to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, shallot and pancetta and fry, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent (5 minutes). Add asparagus and broad beans, and stir until tender (4 minutes), then add wine and simmer until vegetables are very tender (3-4 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (8-12 minutes). Drain, reserving a little pasta water. Toss pasta through vegetables, adding a little pasta water, then bring to a simmer and toss until pasta is coated (1-2 minutes).
- 3Stir through tarragon and crème fraîche, top with parmesan and serve.