- 1 baguette, thinly sliced on an angle
- For brushing: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 200 gm Persian feta
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley (loosely packed)
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 each red and yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 400 gm canned tomatoes
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, finely diced
- 16 picholine olives, crushed, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. For pipérade, heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat, add onion and garlic, stir until just tender (2 minutes), add capsicum and stir until starting to soften (2 minutes). Add canned and fresh tomato, olives and oregano, season to taste and cook until capsicum is tender (15-20 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, brush baguette slices with olive oil and rub with cut side of garlic, then place on an oven tray and bake, turning occasionally, until just golden (5-10 minutes). Serve warm with Persian feta and pipérade, scattered with parsley.