- 2 litres (8 cups) chicken stock
- 3 spring onions, green part coarsely chopped, white part finely chopped (reserve for wontons)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 tbsp julienned ginger
- 500 gm minced pork
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- 1Place chicken stock, green part of spring onion, soy sauce and sesame oil in a saucepan over high heat, bring to the boil, add cabbage and ginger, then remove from heat and keep warm.
- 2For pork wontons, combine pork, grated ginger, garlic, coriander and white part of spring onion in a bowl. Season to taste and stir well to combine. Working with one wonton wrapper at a time, place a heaped teaspoon of pork mixture in centre of wrapper, brush edges with eggwhite, then fold diagonally to form a triangle, press edges to seal, then fold and pinch bottom corners together to form wonton shape. Cook wontons in batches (as you continue preparing more), in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender and cooked through (2-4 minutes). Drain well on a tea towel.
- 3Transfer pork wontons to bowls, ladle hot chicken broth over, scatter with extra coriander and serve hot.