Is this the quickest pumpkin soup you'll make this winter? It's likely. Just pop the pumpkin, garlic and onion in the oven, then blend it up with some cream, and this cream of pumpkin soup is yours,
- 1.6 kg butternut pumpkin (about 1), cut into 6cm pieces
- 9 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 ml pouring cream, at room temperature
- To serve: crème fraîche, toasted flaked almonds, cracked pepper and crusty bread
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine pumpkin, onion and garlic in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and roast until tender and caramelised (20-25 minutes).
- 2Transfer to a blender with cream and blend until smooth. Serve hot with crème fraîche, almonds, pepper and crusty bread.