The lime zest and treacle play up the tropical flavour of the papaya in this recipe. It's a refreshing dish for spring, perfect for a sweet snack or dessert.
- 1 red papaya (about 1kg)
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- Sheep's milk yoghurt and kithul treacle (see note) or maple syrup, to serve
- 1Peel papaya, halve and discard seeds, then cut into thin wedges. Squeeze lime juice over wedges.
- 2Top with yoghurt, drizzle with kithul treacle and sprinkle with lime zest to serve.
Use a good sheep's yoghurt, such as Meredith Dairy. Kithul treacle, a sweet Sri Lankan palm syrup, is available from Sri Lankan grocers and online.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesHam and cheese toasties with quick-pickled cucumberYesterday 3:00am