This salad is a super-fast and simple way to counter Christmas overindulgence. Swap the smoked trout for a couple of generous slices of Christmas ham after the big day celebrations.
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 small carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 small beetroot, coarsely grated
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mint
- ½ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 350 gm smoked trout, flaked into chunks
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 60 ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 1Cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling water to your liking (6 minutes for soft-boiled). Drain, refresh, peel and halve.
- 2For horseradish dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 3Combine carrot, beetroot and herbs in a bowl, drizzle with half the dressing, season to taste and toss to combine. Divide salad among plates, top with egg halves and trout, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am