- 200 gm thinly sliced beef fillet
- 100 ml peanut or grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200 gm mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake, enoki and black fungi
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500 gm fresh rice noodles, sliced into 1cm ribbons (see note)
- 2 tbsp each dark soy sauce and light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp Chinese black rice vinegar
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp roast chilli flakes in oil
- 1Combine beef marinade ingredients in a bowl, add beef, stir to coat and stand to marinate for 15 minutes, then drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, for chilli-vinegar, combine ingredients and set aside.
- 3Heat 25ml oil in a wok over high heat, add beef, ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant and beef is browned (2-3 minutes), then set aside.
- 4Heat another 25ml oil in wok, add mushrooms and spring onion and stir-fry until just tender (1-2 minutes), add to beef and set aside.
- 5Add remaining oil and noodles to wok and stir-fry until just golden (4-5 minutes), add soy sauces, season to taste and toss to combine. Toss with beef mixture and serve hot with chilli-vinegar.
Fresh rice noodles are available from Asian grocers and select delicatessens.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am