- 400 gm canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 long red chillies
- 1½ tsp brown mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup curry leaves, plus 3 extra sprigs
- 500 gm cherry truss tomatoes, cut into small clusters
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large oven tray with baking paper. Line another tray with a clean tea towel and spread chickpeas on tray to absorb excess moisture.
- 2Cut chillies in half lengthways, keeping the stalk attached, remove and discard seeds. Combine mustard and cumin seeds, chilli flakes, turmeric, oil and curry leaves in a large bowl. Add chillies, chickpeas and tomatoes, season to taste and toss to combine.
- 3Spread mixture out over tray and top with extra curry leaf sprigs. Bake, turning occasionally, until tomatoes collapse and chillies are tender (15 minutes). Serve with yoghurt.