Good bread. Tomatoes at their peak. Top-quality anchovies. Sometimes, simplicity is everything, especially when it's a scorcher.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 6 fresh or grilled sourdough bread slices
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 1Combine oil and vinegar in a bowl, add onion and tomato, toss to coat and season to taste. Serve on sourdough bread, topped with anchovy fillets and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil.