"Nothing like keeping it simple," says Turner. "You can't make berries any better than just picked."
- 500 gm strawberries (about 2 punnets), trimmed, larger berries quartered, smaller berries halved
- 125 gm blueberries (about 1 punnet)
- 60 gm brown sugar, or to taste
- 300 gm thickened Jersey cream (see note)
- 1Place berries and half the sugar in a bowl, stir occasionally until sugar dissolves, then set aside to macerate (20-30 minutes).
- 2Whisk cream until medium peaks form. Serve with berries sprinkled with remaining brown sugar to taste.
Note The Turners use Jonesy's Fresh Thickened cream, which comes from a small, family-owned dairy.
Drink Suggestion: 2009 Blind Corner Crémant. Drink suggestion by Astrid Turner