- 600 gm ice cubes
- 400 gm caster sugar
- 75 gm brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- ½ star anise
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp dried lavender
- 1/8 tsp finely grated nutmeg
- ½ vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- ½ tsp citric acid
- 1For cola syrup, stir ingredients, except juices, vanilla and citric acid, with 300ml water in a saucepan over medium heat to dissolve sugar, bring to the simmer, then reduce heat to low and simmer to develop flavours (5 minutes). Cool (about 1 hour), then stir in juices, vanilla and citric acid, strain through a fine sieve and refrigerate in a sealed bottle. Makes about 600ml. Cola syrup will keep for a month.
- 2To serve, finely crush ice in a food processor and pack into serving cups or dishes, drizzle with cola syrup and squeeze lime juice over the top.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am