- 330 gm caster sugar
- 50 gm ginger, finely grated
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bottle sparkling wine or Champagne, chilled
- To serve: mint sprigs
- 1Stir sugar and 250ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil and cook until a light syrup forms (3-4 minutes). Squeeze juice from ginger into pan, then add ginger pulp and lime juice, stir to combine then simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2To serve, add ginger syrup to Champagne to taste and serve with mint sprigs.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm