- 4 eggs
- 750 ml chicken stock (3 cups)
- 150 gm grated Gruyère
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chervil, plus extra to serve
- 250 gm cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Whisk eggs in a bowl, stir in stock, Gruyère, chervil and ½ tsp fine sea salt. Ladle mixture among six 250ml ovenproof ramekins. Place in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water, cover with a lid and steam until lightly set (35-40 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for caramelised tomatoes, combine tomatoes, oil and sugar in a roasting tray, season to taste, roast until caramelised (7-10 minutes), arrange on top of warm custards and serve scattered with extra chervil.
Drink Suggestion: Rosé Champagne or amontillado sherry. Drink suggestion by Max Allen