A simple leaf salad gets a lift with the addition of edible flowers, soft herbs, and a dressing with fresh ginger, which works well with seafood.
- 100 gm frisée, preferably pale inner leaves (from 1 large head)
- 2 cups mixed soft herbs, such as basil, chervil, chives, flat-leaf parsley and mint
- Edible flowers, to serve
- 15 gm ginger, cut into julienne
- 1 tbsp aged red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp raw sugar, or to taste
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 1For ginger dressing, whisk ingredients in a small bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Combine leaves and herbs in a bowl, and toss gently. Drizzle with ginger dressing, toss to combine, transfer to a plate, scatter with flowers and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am