- 15 gm dried wakame
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 600 gm sashimi-grade kingfish, thinly sliced
- To serve: roasted sesame seeds and shiso leaves
- 100 ml light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 3 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1Soak wakame in a bowl of cold water until rehydrated (5 minutes), then drain, squeeze out excess water and coarsely chop. Combine in a bowl with cucumber and set aside.
- 2For dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- 3Arrange sashimi on plates, then top with wakame mixture, drizzle with dressing, scatter with shiso leaves and sesame seeds and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Fruity junmai ginjo sake. Drink suggestion by Max Allen