This classic combination is hard to pass up when tomatoes are at their peak. Serve the burrata to room temperature to get the most from its lush milkiness.
- 4 burrata, at room temperature
- 250 gm baby heirloom tomatoes of various colours, halved
- 4 oxheart tomatoes of various colours, coarsely chopped
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp salted baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 125 ml (½ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vincotto
- ½ baguette, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1For crostini, heat a char-grill pan over high heat. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and grill, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp (2-4 minutes). Rub each with cut side of garlic and set aside.
- 2Place burrata on plates. Combine tomatoes, shallots and capers in a bowl and scatter around burrata. Whisk oil, vinegar and vincotto in a bowl to combine, season to taste, then drizzle over tomato salad. Scatter with basil cress and serve with crostini.
Drink Suggestion: Fruity rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am