Buffalo mozzarella mixed with a little crème fraîche makes a wonderful creamy dip; if you've got some great burrata to hand, it makes a delicious alternative, too - but you may want to omit the cream.
- 2 buffalo mozzarella balls (about 130gm each), drained at room temperature
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp pouring cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced mint
- To serve: smoked paprika
- To serve: extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ seeded baguette (150gm-200gm), thinly sliced
- For brushing: olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1For crostini, heat a char-grill pan over high heat. Brush bread with olive oil and grill, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes each side), then rub with cut garlic and set aside.
- 2Break mozzarella into a large shallow serving bowl. Combine crème fraîche with cream and lemon and season to taste, then drizzle onto mozzarella, top mozzarella with mint and smoked paprika to taste, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve with crostini.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chef's RecipesIcebergs' ricotta with white poached quince and honeyYesterday 10:14pm