This frosty creation was inspired by the delicious and addictive pineapple and vanilla lemonade Mike McEnearney makes at Kitchen by Mike in Sydney.
- 80 gm caster sugar
- Scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- Pulp of 6 passionfruit
- 600 ml freshly juiced pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1Stir sugar, vanilla seeds and 60ml water in a small saucepan over low heat to dissolve sugar, bring to the simmer, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 2Strain two-thirds of the passionfruit pulp through a fine sieve, pressing solids with a spoon to extract liquid (discard solids). Whisk passionfruit juice, remaining passionfruit pulp, pineapple juice, lime juice and vanilla sugar syrup in a large bowl to combine and pour into desired moulds (around 80ml each). Freeze until half-frozen (1½ hours), insert icy-pole sticks and freeze until frozen
(8 hours or overnight).
- 3To serve, place moulds in a container of cold water that comes three-quarters of the way up the sides. Pull on sticks to release icy poles and eat immediately or store in the freezer for up to a month in an airtight container.