You'll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 250 gm caster sugar
- 500 ml pineapple juice (2 cups)
- 25 ml lime juice
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml young coconut water
- 60 gm pure icing sugar, sieved
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried passionfruit powder (see note)
- 1 tsp citric acid
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1Stir sugar and 250ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat to dissolve sugar. Bring to the boil, then set aside to cool. Combine 300ml syrup (reserve remaining) with pineapple and lime juice and divide among twelve 80ml popsicle moulds, filling to 1.5cm below rims. Freeze until firm (2-3 hours), insert sticks and freeze until frozen (4-6 hours).
- 2For coconut ice, whisk ingredients with 150ml reserved sugar syrup (there may be some left over) in a bowl to combine. Top up popsicle moulds and freeze until frozen (2-4 hours). Pops will keep frozen for 2 months.
- 3For sherbet, combine ingredients in a dry bowl and scatter on pops just before eating.
Note Freeze-dried passionfruit powder is available from select grocers and online from fresh-as.com.