"Restaurant Schønnemann is the go-to place in Copenhagen for old-school smørrebrød and fish (and schnapps, but that's another story)," says Beau Clugston. "We've had a few Noma Christmas parties there. You always get whipped cream and horseradish on top and this salad is an adaptation to suit our Australian lifestyle." Start this recipe a day ahead to infuse the horseradish cream.
- 1kg small new potatoes
- 200 gm mixed cherry tomatoes, halved (about 20)
- 150 gm telegraph cucumber, half-peeled, cut into 1cm-2cm pieces (1 small)
- ½ cup dill, coarsely chopped (loosely packed)
- ½ cup 2cm chive batons (loosely packed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 200ml pouring cream
- 20gm finely grated horseradish (¼ cup)
- 1For horseradish cream, combine cream and horseradish in a bowl, cover and refrigerate
overnight to infuse. Before serving, whisk to soft peaks and season to taste. (If you don’t have time to let the cream infuse, use lots more horseradish.)
- 2Place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water, bring to the boil, then simmer until just tender (15-18 minutes). Drain and set aside in the pan to steam dry and cool, then halve.
- 3Combine tomatoes, cucumber and herbs in a bowl, add potatoes and mix well. Season to taste. Whisk olive oil and vinegar together to combine and toss through salad. Serve with horseradish cream as a dipping sauce.