A fruity touch makes this salad a great Christmas side.
- 800 gm red cabbage, core removed, finely shredded (about ½)
- 4 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 celery heart, base thinly sliced, stalks thinly sliced lengthways and placed in iced water, leaves reserved
- 1 pink lady apple, cut into julienne
Apple cider dressing
- 80 ml apple cider vinegar (1/3 cup)
- 60 ml apple juice (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill seeds, toasted
- 1For apple cider dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and season to taste. Set aside.
- 2Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine, then pour dressing over, toss gently to combine and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am