- 1 bunch each purple and golden baby beetroot, scrubbed
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 blood oranges, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1½ tbsp cabernet vinegar
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- ½ cup (loosely-packed) basil
- 30 gm ricotta salata
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place beetroot in a roasting pan, fill with 1cm water, drizzle with half the oil, season to taste, cover and roast, turning occasionally, until tender (45-50 minutes), then peel and halve beetroot.
- 2Combine beetroot and blood orange slices in a bowl, season to taste and spread over a serving platter. Whisk vinegar and remaining olive oil together in a bowl, add shallot and drizzle over salad. Scatter with basil and micro-cress, then finely grate ricotta salata over the top and serve.