The fish can also be marinated in a little dressing, ceviche-style - for 15 minutes or a couple of hours, depending how "cooked" you like it.
- 300 gm sashimi-grade white fish, such as kingfish, bream or snapper, thinly sliced
- 1½ golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced into 2cm pieces
- ½ long green chilli, thinly sliced
- Torn coriander, mint and basil leaves, and extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- ⅓ telegraph cucumber, half-peeled
- Juice of 2 juicy limes
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp honey
- 1For cucumber dressing, process ingredients in a blender until smooth, then strain through a coarse sieve.
- 2Combine fish, shallot, avocado and chilli in a bowl, toss lightly, then transfer to serving bowls. Spoon on dressing, top with herbs, season to taste, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Crisp, dry riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen