Share this among friends with a couple of sides - a crisp green-leaf and potato salad would be ideal.
- 4 green zucchini, diced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves removed
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- 12 Ligurian olives, pitted, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 baby preserved lemon, rind only, rinsed and finely diced (see note)
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 6 rainbow trout (400gm each), cleaned
- 400 ml dry white wine
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- To serve: lemon wedges and aïoli (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 190C. Combine zucchini, herbs, olives, garlic and preserved lemon rind in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Place 6 lengths of kitchen string on a work surface. Place 2 prosciutto slices over each, then place a trout on top. Fill trout cavities with zucchini mixture (reserve remainder), then wrap prosciutto around and secure with string.
- 3Place trout on a roasting tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with wine and oil, scatter remaining stuffing over, season to taste and roast until fish is just cooked through (15-20 minutes). Serve hot or warm with lemon wedges and a dollop of aïoli.
Note Baby preserved lemons are available from Simon Johnson; if they're unavailable, substitute ½ small preserved lemon.
Drink Suggestion: Fine rosé Champagne. Drink suggestion by Max Allen