"We make our own cheese each week and goat's curd is the simplest," says Hugh Wennerbom. "It makes this a simple, lovely starter."
- 250 gm sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves and flowers picked
- 1 tbsp torn basil leaves, plus extra whole to serve
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 200 gm goat's curd
- 1Combine tomatoes, herbs and shallot in a bowl. Add olive oil and vinegar, season to taste and toss to coat.
- 2Divide goat's curd and tomato mixture among plates, scatter with a few extra basil leaves, season and serve.
Drink Suggestion: A gewürztraminer blend such as 2017 Mada Blanc.
Drink suggestion by Hugh Wennerbom