"This is my take on an agrodolce dish, with sweet and sour flavours" says chef Mike Eggert. "We have great charred roasted wings and we pair it with sweet honey and lots of grilled lemon."
- 1 kg chicken wingettes
- 100 ml honey
- 2 lemons, zest finely grated
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped rosemary
- 80 gm fine salt
- 60 gm brown sugar
- 1For brine, combine salt and sugar with 2 litres water and stir until dissolved. Pour over chicken and refrigerate to brine (2 hours).
- 2Preheat a barbecue or hibachi grill to medium, or grill plate over medium heat. Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towel. Skewer wings onto soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers.
- 3Combine honey, zest and rosemary in a bowl. Grill wings, brushing with honey mixture occasionally, until charred and cooked through and a golden charred roasted glaze has built up on the wings (8-12 minutes). Season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, cut zested lemons in half and grill (1-2 minutes).
- 5To serve, scatter rocket onto a platter, place skewers on top and pour over any chicken juices from resting. Squeeze over grilled lemons and serve.