- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed in a mortar and pestle
- 7 gm (1½ cm) piece of ginger, cut into julienne
- 1½ tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1Coarsely chop cucumber into rough 4cm lengths, and combine in a non-reactive bowl with 2 tsp sea salt, tossing to coat. Stand for 1 hour, then drain. Combine with garlic and ginger and set aside.
- 2Combine vinegar, sugar and oil in a small bowl, drizzle over cucumber mixture, stir to combine and stand for 10 minutes to allow flavours to combine. Serve as a condiment.