"We make our own kombucha, but it's also available from many health-food shops," says McEnearney. "Such a refreshing way to cool down on a sunny day."
- 1 pineapple (about 1.2kg), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (firmly packed) mint
- 200 ml kombucha (see note)
- 1Juice the pineapple and mint in a cold-press juicer or blender (strain if blending and discard solids), add kombucha and pour mixture into 100ml moulds, half-freeze (1-2 hours), then insert ice-pop sticks. Freeze completely (2-3 hours). To serve, dip moulds briefly in hot water to unmould. You can also pour mixture over a shallow tray to make granita; allow to semi-set in the freezer then scrape with a fork every 30 minutes to form ice crystals.
Kombucha is a fermented tea usually served chilled.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm