"Eggnog is a northern-hemisphere Christmas classic," says Philips. "This version should be served ice-cold, straight from the fridge. Beat the eggs and sugar well to achieve a light, frothy mix."
- 8 large eggs
- 30 gm caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon finely grated on a microplane, plus extra to serve
- 80 ml espresso-strength coffee, chilled
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 200 ml blended Scotch whisky
- 300 ml milk
- 1Whisk eggs and sugar in a bowl using electric beaters until slightly thickened and frothy (4-6 minutes). Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine, then refrigerate to chill (1-2 hours). Serve eggnog well-chilled with extra cinnamon grated over to taste.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm