- 90 gm butter, melted
- 250 gm caster sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 100 ml lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 60 gm self-raising flour
- 300 ml milk
- 250 ml crème anglaise
- 8 egg yolks
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300 ml cream
- 300 ml full cream milk
- 2 shots Nespresso coffee
- 1Butter ramekins with 20gm of the butter and dust with 50gm of the sugar.
- 2For the pudding, place remaining butter and sugar, the egg yolks and lemon zest in a large bowl and gently whisk to combine. Add the lemon juice and stir in the flour, then add the milk and, using a hand-held blender, mix until combined (batter will be runny).
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk the eggwhites until soft peaks form, then fold eggwhite into the lemon mixture in 3 batches. Fill the ramekins with batter to 5mm from the rim. Place the ramekins on a perforated tray. Place in the Steam Combination oven on shelf position 2. Select Combination Mode, Fan plus 160°C + 60% moisture + 25 minutes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or more before turning out upside down.
- 4For crème anglaise, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla paste together in a deep solid steam tray. Add cream, milk and Nespresso coffee and whisk until combined. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or the lid of the container. Steam at 80C for 45-50 minutes. Remove from the steam oven, uncover and whisk well. Cool on ice if wishing to serve cold.
If you’re using a conventional oven, place ramekins in a medium-depth tray (4cm-8cm), fill to halfway with warm water, cover with plastic wrap and perforate a few holes in the wrap and cook at 120C until set (around 35 minutes). Remove from try and allow to cool.This recipe is presented by Nespresso.