Bagels are great for a lazy weekend brunch or as a quick meal during the week. These take things up a notch with the addition of trout roe, smoked trout and a celeriac rémoulade.
- 4 poppyseed bagels, halved
- 200 gm thinly sliced smoked trout
- Trout roe, to serve
Celeriac, kohlrabi and fennel rémoulade
- ½ celeriac (about 200gm), cut into julienne
- ½ kohlrabi (about 200gm), cut into julienne
- 1 baby fennel bulb, cut into julienne
- 75 gm (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1For rémoulade, place all the ingredients in a bowl and combine well. Season to taste and refrigerate until required.
- 2To serve, place smoked trout on bagel bases, top each with rémoulade and trout roe, and sandwich with remaining bagel halves.