- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 5 bulbs baby fennel, quartered lengthways, reserving ¼ cup coarsely chopped fronds (600gm)
- 10 brussels sprouts, halved lengthways
- 500 gm cauliflower florets
- 100 gm feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup roasted pinenuts
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1In a large saucepan, place 3 litres of water and bay leaves, season to taste with sea salt and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. add baby fennel and cook for 4 minutes. Add brussels sprouts and cook for another 4 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Drain and place on a large platter and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2For mustard dressing, place lemon juice, olive oil, reserved fennel fronds and mustard in a small screw-top jar and shake until combined. Pour dressing over vegetables, then scatter with feta and pinenuts.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesLamb rack with piquillo peppers, rocket and burghulYesterday 5:00am