You could also toss some coarsely flaked hot smoked trout through this fresh and easy pasta. Buckwheat spaghetti brings a nutty flavour to this dish.
- 450 gm buckwheat spaghetti (see note)
- 400 gm vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (loosely packed)
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1½ lemons
- 1Cook buckwheat spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente (7-9 minutes), drain (reserve 40ml cooking liquid), then return pasta to saucepan with reserved liquid. Add remaining ingredients, season to taste, toss to combine and serve warm.
Buckwheat spaghetti is available from select delicatessens. If unavailable, substitute wholemeal spaghetti.
This recipe is from the March 2011 issue of
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsThe Melbourne bakery that pipes fresh cannoli to orderYesterday 4:00am