- 220 gm caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 600 gm pineapple, cored and cut into long thin wedges
- 50 ml lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- 50 ml golden rum
- To serve: thick vanilla yoghurt and mint
- 1Spread sugar in a large frying pan and cook over high heat until it melts and begins to caramelise (4-5 minutes). Add vanilla bean and seeds and 100ml water (be careful, caramel will spit), stir to combine, then add pineapple and turn occasionally until caramelised (3-4 minutes). Remove pineapple and set aside. Add lime juice and rum to pan and stir to combine.
- 2To serve, divide pineapple among bowls, top with a dollop of vanilla yoghurt, drizzle with pan juices and scatter with mint.