This dish is inspired by a Claudia Roden recipe. We add a tahini sauce to the fish at the end of cooking just to coat it. It's light and delicious.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 ocean trout fillets (about 150gm each), pin-boned
- 50 gm unhulled tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
Fennel and pomegranate salad
- 2 fennel bulbs, shaved on a mandolin
- 1 cup torn mint
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced into rings
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until hot, add olive oil and ocean trout skin-side down and fry until skin is crisp (2-4 minutes). Turn and continue frying until ocean trout is cooked to your liking (3-4 minutes for medium-rare).
- 2Meanwhile, combine tahini, lemon juice and 100ml boiling water in a bowl, season to taste and whisk until smooth, then, when the fish is nearly cooked, add to pan, bring to a simmer, then remove pan from heat, cover with a lid and keep warm.
- 3For fennel and pomegranate salad, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and toss to combine.
- 4Remove ocean trout from pan and transfer to serving plates, spoon sauce over fish and serve with fennel salad.