- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 lemons, peeled and segmented
- ½ small Spanish onion, very thinly sliced
- Rind of ½ preserved lemon, rinsed and cut into julienne
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander
- 4 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 460 gm haloumi, thickly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- To serve: ciabatta, or other crusty bread
- 1Toast pine nuts in a dry frying pan, tossing over medium-high heat until golden (3-5 minutes).
- 2Combine lemon, onion, preserved lemon, coriander, chillies and toasted pine nuts in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or char-grill pan, add cheese and cook, turning once, until golden (3-4 minutes). Transfer to a warm plate. Dress herb mixture with lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil, toss to combine and scatter mixture over the haloumi. Serve with crusty bread.