Grilling fruit deepens its flavour and makes for a simple dessert with little fuss. Oil the fruit well before it hits the grill to ensure super-smooth sailing.
- 3 mangoes, cheeks removed, skin on, and cut into 3 wedges
- grapeseed or other neutral-flavoured oil, for drizzling
- 3 limes, segmented
- coconut ice-cream, meringue, and roasted black sesame seeds, to serve
Makrut lime and mint syrup
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 5 makrut lime leaves, inner stems removed
- 2 cups (loosely packed) mint
- 1For makrut lime and mint syrup, bring sugar and 100ml water to the boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Transfer to a bowl and place in freezer to cool (1 minute), then process in a blender with remaining ingredients until lime leaves and mint are very finely chopped. Strain and chill until required.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to high heat. Drizzle mango with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until charred (1-2 minutes each side). Cool briefly, peel and divide among bowls along with lime segments. Top with coconut ice-cream, crumbled meringue and sesame seeds, and serve with syrup.