- 140 ml olive oil
- 80 gm sourdough, coarsely torn
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 200 gm (1 cup) each canned cannellini, butter and borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 6-8 Italian pork sausages
- 400 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1Heat 40ml oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add and stir until golden and crisp (2-4 minutes). Set aside on absorbent paper.
- 2Heat 80ml oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until tender (5-7 minutes). Add anchovies and thyme and stir to combine until anchovies begin to break down (1-2 minutes). Add wine and beans and reduce slightly (1-2 minutes). Add extra-virgin olive oil, lemon rind and juice. Season to taste and set aside.
- 3Heat remaining oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook sausages, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through (6-8 minutes).
- 4Combine tomatoes and parsley in a bowl. Add vinegar, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season to taste. Serve beans, topped with sausages and tomato mixture, and scattered with crumbs.