- 1 kg kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 100 gm baby green beans, trimmed
- 100 gm baby butter beans, trimmed
- 100 gm sugarsnap peas, trimmed
- 2 cooked lobsters (about 700gm each), peeled, cleaned and cut into 1.5cm-thick slices
- 1 clove of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1¼ cups sunflower oil
- 2 tsp vodka, or to taste
- 1For vodka mayonnaise, place garlic on a chopping board, sprinkle with a large pinch of sea salt and, using the flat side of a large knife, crush garlic and salt together until a smooth paste forms. Place egg yolks, garlic paste and mustard in a bowl and stir to combine. Whisking continuously, gradually add oil, drop by drop at first, then in a thin, steady stream until thick and emulsified. Add vodka and whisk until incorporated, then season to taste with sea salt, cover closely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. Makes about 1¼ cups.
- 2Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, then drain, cool slightly, cut each lengthways into thirds and set aside.
- 3Blanch green beans, butter beans and sugar snap peas separately in boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until just tender, then drain, refresh in iced water and drain again.
- 4Place potatoes, beans, sugar snap peas and lobster in a large bowl, then add 1/3 cup vodka mayonnaise, thinned with 1 tbsp warm water, if necessary. Season to taste and stir gently to combine. Divide salad among bowls and serve immediately, with remaining vodka mayonnaise passed separately.