- 600 gm mixed small mushrooms (such as chestnut, shitake, button), cleaned
- 1/4 cup thyme, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 6 1½ cm-thick slices of Taleggio (450gm)
- 1Place mushrooms in a roasting pan, scatter with 2 tbsp of thyme and all garlic, drizzle with olive oil, and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast at 180C oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 2Brush sourdough with olive oil, place on a char-grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until charred. Place bread on an oven tray, top with Taleggio and place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Transfer to plates and spoon over hot mushrooms and drizzle with pan juices, season to taste and scatter with remaining thyme leaves.