- 5 gm dried porcini
- 90 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 40 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 gm mixed mushrooms, such as Swiss brown, pine and field, thickly sliced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 320 gm dried tagliarini or other long, thin pasta
- 1/2 radicchio, leaves coarsely torn
- 60 gm Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup each coarsely torn flat-leaf parsley and oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 100 gm ricotta
- 1Combine porcini and 125ml boiling water in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming, add onion and garlic, season to taste, stir occasionally until tender (3-4 minutes). Add mushrooms, stir occasionally until golden (4-5 minutes). Deglaze with wine, then add porcini and soaking liquid, simmer until reduced by half (2-3 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (6-8 minutes), drain and return to pan.
- 4Add mushroom mixture to pasta with radicchio, Reggiano, herbs and vinegar, toss to combine, and serve immediately scattered with ricotta and extra Reggiano.
This recipe is from the August 2009 issue of .