This dessert of nut-brown bananas and no-fuss salted caramel has any sweet cravings sorted. Better yet, it's all made in the one pan.
- 80 gm butter
- 4 slightly underripe bananas, halved lengthways
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 20 ml whiskey
- 50 ml thickened cream
- Vanilla ice-cream and coarsely chopped salted roasted peanuts, to serve
- 1Melt 60gm butter in a large, deep frying pan over mediumhigh heat. In batches, add bananas, cut-side down, and pan-fry, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes each side). Remove from pan and wipe pan clean.
- 2Simmer maple syrup in the same pan over medium-high heat until caramelised (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat, swirl in 20gm butter and ½ tsp sea salt, then add whiskey and cream and swirl to combine (be careful, hot caramel may spit). Add bananas and return to heat to warm through, then serve topped with vanilla ice-cream and peanuts.