If you have time you can peel the carrots and beetroot first, but we find a good scrub is all that's needed for their tender skins to be edible.
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, trimmed
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, beetroot trimmed and halved, 1 cup leaves reserved separately
- 1 parsnip, halved lengthways, cut into wedges
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into wedges
- 6 oregano sprigs
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (loosely packed)
- To serve: crumbled Persian feta
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- Juice of 1½ lemons
- 1½ tsp sumac
- 1Preheat oven to 250C fan-forced or hottest setting on conventional oven. Toss carrot, beetroot, parsnip, onion, oregano, garlic and oil in a roasting pan to combine and roast until vegetables are golden and bases are caramelised (20 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for sumac dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Squeeze roasted garlic from skins into sumac dressing, whisk to combine and set aside. Combine beetroot leaves, spinach leaves and roasted vegetables in a bowl, drizzle with half the dressing and toss to combine. Transfer to a platter, scatter with Persian feta and serve with remaining dressing to the side.