Many meals can be made from a jar of harissa. A preserved-lemon dressing adds even more flavour to this warm salad.
- 1 large cauliflower (800gm), broken into florets
- 3 tsp harissa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 gm couscous
- 3 dates, thinly sliced
- Toasted pepita seeds, to serve
- Coriander, roughly chopped, to serve
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ large preserved lemon, flesh finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1Preheat oven to 250°C. Toss cauliflower in harissa and 3 tsp oil and season to taste. Scatter over a baking tray and roast until golden (15-20 minutes).
- 2Place couscous in a bowl and rub with 1 tsp olive oil, then cover by 1/2 cm boiling water (about 400ml), stir, cover and set aside to bloom (15 minutes). Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- 3For preserved-lemon dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 4Stir dates through couscous then spoon into a serving bowl. Top with cauliflower, then spoon dressing over and scatter with pepita seeds and coriander.