This salad is a great lunch or dinner to have in the repertoire. It's got everything going for it: spice, acidity, nuttiness, sweetness and smokiness.
- 200 gm (1 cup) quinoa
- 400 gm canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250 gm (about 2) carrots, cut into julienne on a mandolin
- 200 gm hot-smoked trout fillets, skin removed, flaked
- 100 gm pitted green olives
- 1/2 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (firmly packed) coriander
- 1/2 cup (firmly packed) mint
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tsp harissa
- 1Bring quinoa and 300ml water to the boil in a small saucepan, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked (10-12 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate briefly to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, for harissa dressing, whisk ingredients in a small bowl to combine and season to taste.
- 3Add remaining ingredients to quinoa, drizzle with dressing, toss to combine, season to taste and serve.