Slip some fried eggs into the mix for a fun and summery breakfast treat.
- ½ small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar, or to taste
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 6 zucchini flowers, stems thinly sliced on a mandolin, flowers coarsely torn
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) oregano
- 120 gm Greek feta, coarsely crumbled
- 250 gm (1 2/3 cups) bread flour
- 200 gm thick natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1For yoghurt flatbread, pulse ingredients and 2 tsp sea salt in a food processor until a dough forms, turn out onto a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth, then divide into 6 pieces. Rest for 10 minutes, then roll out each piece of dough to 3mm thick and brush with olive oil.
- 2Meanwhile, combine onion with lemon rind and juice and vinegar in a bowl and stand until onion changes colour (4-5 minutes), then add oil and garlic, and season to taste. Add zucchini and zucchini flower stems, toss to coat, then set aside until required. Just before serving, add zucchini flowers and oregano and toss to combine.
- 3Heat a char-grill or barbecue to high. Cook flatbread in batches, turning once, until puffy and lightly charred (1-2 minutes each side). Serve hot, topped with zucchini mixture and crumbled feta.