- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, dry roasted
- 750 gm yellowfin tuna, tail-end
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 beetroot (about 350gm), peeled
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- 250 gm baby spinach leaves
- 2 avocados, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 150 gm marinated feta, drained and coarsely crumbled
- ¼ cup pistachio oil (see note)
- 1Crush coriander seeds in a mortar using a pestle, and spread over an oven tray, sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, then roll tuna over seasonings to coat.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add tuna and cook over high heat, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden, then transfer to a chopping board to cool slightly, then, using a sharp knife, cut into thin slices.
- 3Using a mandolin, thinly slice beetroot into rounds and place in a large bowl, add ¼ cup sherry vinegar and sugar and marinate for 10 minutes, then drain beetroot.
- 4To serve, divide beetroot, tuna, spinach and avocado among 6 plates, top with feta, then drizzle with remaining sherry vinegar and pistachio oil.
Note Pistachio oil is available from Simon Johnson, other delicatessens and health-food shops.