This dessert is ridiculously easy and ridiculously good.
- 250 gm strawberries, hulled, coarsely chopped, plus extra, sliced, to serve
- 20 ml Grand Marnier
- 70 gm pure icing sugar, sieved
- 400 gm crème fraîche
- 200 gm thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- To serve: shop-bought shortbread or meringue, crushed
- 1Pulse strawberries, Grand Marnier and 2 tbsp icing sugar in a food processor to a rough purée and set aside.
- 2Whisk crème fraîche, cream, vanilla and remaining icing sugar in an electric mixer until soft peaks form (2-3 minutes), then fold in half the strawberry purée to combine, divide among 4 serving bowls and refrigerate until required. Just before serving, top with sliced strawberries and crushed shortbread, then drizzle with remaining strawberry purée.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm