- 40 gm fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 40 gm panko crumbs
- 25 gm (⅓ cup) finely grated parmesan
- 10 sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 veal cutlets (200gm each)
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- 90 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 gm butter
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Cabbage & mint salad
- ½ small Savoy or white cabbage, thinly sliced on a mandolin or with a food processor
- 1 apple, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 cup cup (loosely packed) mint, thinly shredded
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon, to taste
- 1Toss breadcrumbs, panko, parmesan and sage in a bowl.
- 2Season veal with salt and lightly dust with flour. Dip in egg, then the crumb, shaking off excess. Transfer to a plate.
- 3Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and butter. Once butter is foaming (1-2 minutes) add veal and cook on one side until golden brown (2-3 minutes; reduce the heat a little if it's browning too quickly). Season to taste, then turn, season again and fry until golden brown and cooked to your liking (2-3 minutes for medium rare). Rest on paper towels.
- 4Meanwhile, for cabbage salad, combine cabbage, apple, mint and dill in a bowl. Whisk oil, vinegar and lemon juice together in a separate bowl, toss with salad and serve with veal.